PhD degree holders, and PhD students in the last year of their thesis work, are eligible to apply.
For each position, we accept applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please allow 3 - 4 months for the application review and interviews.
Apply by visiting the Embark Online Application Portal. If you are logging in for the first time, please click ‘Register New User’ to create an account.
- Complete the application form and include the following in your cover letter:
- A brief description of your research and key scientific achievements to date
- Your research interests going forward and what you wish to accomplish during your postdoctoral training
- Why you are seeking a postdoc position at NIBR and how it will support your future career in academia or industry
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV) as a PDF file
- Include at the end of your CV the contact information (name, institution, phone number, and e-mail address) of 3 references who may be contacted by our mentor(s)
When your application has been successfully uploaded, you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application.
Selected candidates will be contacted by the mentor(s) to schedule an initial interview. The second stage includes a full-day, on-site interview, during which the candidate gives a research seminar and meets their prospective mentor(s) and other members of the department, including postdoctoral scholars.
Postdoctoral positions at the FMI and GNF
The FMI and GNF support separate postdoctoral programs. To apply for postdoctoral positions at these NIBR institutes, please visit their webpages: